SHARE YOUR STORY
Toggle between “Surviving” and “Witnessing” stories using the pink and blue buttons below the map.
I can’t see the map!
Please try opening the page in a different browser.
When will I see my story on the map?
The map will be updated daily. Please allow up to 24 hours for your story to appear.
What kinds of stories are you looking for?
The map is meant to highlight stories of obstetric violence. Read more here about what that is.
Do I have to be in the U.S. to submit my story?
Stories are welcome from anywhere in the world. If you would like to contribute to this project by translating map submission materials from English to another language, please get in touch with us at birthmonopoly_at_gmail.com.
Release & Indemnification Agreement for Anyone Submitting a Story
By submitting my story to Birth Monopoly’s Obstetric Violence Stories Map, I (“Guest”) declare my understanding and agreement to Release and Indemnify Cristen Pascucci, Birth Monopoly, LLC, Birth Monopoly Foundation, and the Birth Allowed Radio Show and Podcast, and each of its affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, trustees, agents, contractors, representatives, servants, employees, heirs, successors and assigns (collectively, “Host”) with respect to the following:
- Guest on their own behalf and on behalf of the members of their family, including Guest’s spouse, parents, children, heirs, successors and assigns (all of whom are referred to hereinafter collectively and singularly as “Guest”) hereby desires to grant Host a full release and indemnification as consideration for the Guest’s participation in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map.
- Host offers the opportunity to publish stories on its website submitted by Guest, subject to Guest’s agreement to indemnify and release Host from any and all losses, claims, causes and suits, directly or indirectly arising therefrom as provided for herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in. consideration of the foregoing recitals and the covenants contained herein, Guest hereby agrees as follows:
- Release. Guest hereby grants to the Host the right and permission to record, use, publish, stream live, offer for sale, or otherwise distribute any written, audio, or video materials created in connection with Guest’s story submission. Such right and permission includes, but is not limited to, Guest’s name (as provided to Host in the field “Name as you would like it to appear on map” on the Google form created for story submissions), recorded voice or video, photograph or likeness, biographical information, handouts or any material based upon or derived therefrom.
Guest understands that the Host may, at its sole discretion, produce presentations or publications based in whole or in part upon written, audio, or video materials submitted in connection with Guest’s story, and that such media, transcripts, or excerpts may appear in print, online, or in any manner of/or media, including but not limited to marketing materials.
Guest does hereby release, discharge, waive, relinquish and covenant not to sue Host with respect to any and all actions or causes of action including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity or any other loss or injury accruing to Guest in connection with Guest’s participation in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map. Guest does hereby release, waive, discharge, relinquish and covenant not to sue with respect to any of the aforesaid actions or causes of action which may arise for the benefit, directly or indirectly, of Guest and agrees that under no circumstances shall Guest prosecute or present any claim against Host arising from any claim of any kind or nature in connection with Guest’s involvement in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map, whether the same shall arise in whole or in part from the negligence of Host or any third party and whether such negligence is the sole or contributing cause of such loss or damage. Guest specifically waives any exception for claims the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in their favor.
- Indemnity. Guest does hereby indemnify and hold harmless Host from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, costs, liabilities, expense or judgments whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees and costs, which might arise by, through or under Guest, and whenever made or presented for any loss or damage directly or indirectly, related to Guest’s involvement in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation and violations of copyright, trade secrets, and non-disclosure agreements. It is the intention of the parties hereto that Guest shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Host from the consequences of Host’s or any other party’s negligence (including others who may be participating in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map), who may have a claim or cause of action against Host that arose by, through, or under Guest, whether the same arises, in whole or in part, from the negligence of Host or any other party and whether such negligence is the sole or concurring cause of the loss or damage.
- Truthfulness. Guest swears to the truth (to the best of their knowledge) of any statements made by them and provided to Host, published or unpublished, in writing, spoken, or recorded, in association with the Obstetric Violence Stories Map.
- Defense Against Claims. Guest agrees to defend Host against any claims brought or actions filed against Host with respect to the indemnity provided for herein. Host may retain attorneys of their own choosing to appear and defend a claim or action on behalf of Host at the expense of Guest. Host shall have the sole authority for the direction of the defense and shall be the sole judge of the acceptability of any compromise or settlement of any claims or actions against Host. Guest shall upon demand pay to Host all sums due to any parties by Host as a result of any indemnified claim and all sums de to counsel so selected whether for invoices for services and expenses due for retainer sums requested by such counsel in advance of services.
- Authority to Represent. Guest hereby warrants and represents that Guest has the right to enter into this agreement and to grant the rights granted to Host herein.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement contains the entire understanding between parties hereto concerning the subject matter contained herein. Whenever used in this Agreement, the singular shall include the plural and the plural shall include the singular and the male gender shall include all genders, all as the context and meaning of this Agreement shall require. There are no representations, agreements, arrangements or understandings, oral or written, between or among the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof which are not fully expressed herein. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Kentucky. Any dispute stemming from this Agreement or the production of the Show shall be resolved in the jurisdiction of the state of Kentucky, regardless of Guest’s physical location. Guest agrees that Guest has either had this Agreement reviewed by legal counsel of Guest’s choosing or has waived the opportunity to do so.
Guest declares that they understand and agree to the terms of this release and indemnification. Guest understands that their participation in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map indicates said agreement. Guest understands and acknowledges that the remedy for disagreement with this Release & Indemnification is to not participate in the Obstetric Violence Stories Map.
Sign up for email updates, news, and the occasional commentary on our quest to topple the monopoly on childbirth -- and three of our most popular handouts on navigating hospital maternity care